Retirement Income Planning
Retiree’s Top 3 Fears
1. Unexpected Health Crisis
2. Outliving Their Retirement Income/Savings
3. Costs of Long-Term Care
As people continue to retire earlier and live longer, these fears become more and more of an issue each year. The knowledge required to accumulate retirement savings and the expertise required to use that savings to generate a comfortable and lasting income in retirement require different skills.
It’s kind of like Mount Everest. While many financial professionals are experienced in advising and helping individuals to accumulate retirement assets and get up the retirement mountain, far fewer advisers have expertise in managing income in retirement to get you down the retirement mountain safely and with a retirement income that lasts.
As a Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP), Sharon has received specialized training on helping her clients maintain their customary standard of living throughout retirement, address income gaps, create an estate plan and limit risk. She earned this prestigious financial designation from The American College of Financial Services in Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania. The rigorous three-course credential helps advisors master retirement income planning, a key focus area not fully covered in other professional designation programs.
As Sharon develops Your Retirement GPS™, Sharon will answer questions such as:
- When will you be financially prepared to retire?
- How can you develop a customized strategy for meeting your income needs in retirement?
- What will a tailored approach for generating income from your assets look like?
- What is a safe withdrawal rate from your portfolio?
- How should portfolios be managed differently over the course of retirement?
- What are some ways you can maximize income in a low-interest-rate environment?
- How do you address many of the new risks you’ll face in retirement?
- How do you develop a tax-efficient withdrawal strategy that’s tailored to your needs?
- What is the best age for you to start claiming Social Security benefits?
- How do annuities and employer-sponsored benefits fit into the mix?
- How will you pay for health care, assisted living and/or nursing home care?
- How do you choose the appropriate Medicare and health insurance options?
- How do you use annuities to mitigate risk in retirement?
- How do you handle some of the planning issues that will arise as you age?
These are some of the important questions you should be asking as you approach retirement. If don’t know the answers to these questions or have some others of your own, schedule a Sit-Down With Sharon. Having the answers before you retire will help you plan for a more comfortable retirement that lasts.
Explore the possibilities
Contact Sharon Now
© 2022 SKS Retirement Solutions
Securities and Advisory Services offered through UNITED PLANNERS FINANCIAL SERVICES, INC. Member FINRA, SIPC. SKS Retirement Solutions, Inc. and United Planners are independent companies. Check the background of your financial professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck.